Videos of our panel discussions and expert speakers will continue to be available in the Wilde Lake Interfaith Library on Sunday mornings. We are now able to offer online versions of these presentations.
The following is a list of Speakers who made presentations to our Parish Community on topics that enable the conversations with loved ones, teach the specifics of Documentation required to fulfill those wishes as well as protect our families and the Celebrations that support our families after death. Links are provided below with a short description of these presentations and associated dates.
- Russell R. DeLuca, Chesapeake Oncology-Hematology Associates, P.A.; Shannon L. Hammond, Esq., Hammond Law, LLC; and Rev. Gerard Bowen, Pastor, St. John the Evangelist RC Church, Columbia, MD. An expert panel on “The Documentation” consisting of a doctor, lawyer, hospice representative, and priest discusses medical, legal, and spiritual considerations that factor into end-of-life conversations/decisions.
04-30-17_Gift of Peace_ Documentation (Length: 2:06:51)
- Panel Discussion: Gerard Bowen, St. John the Evangelist RC Church, Columbia, MD; Eileen May Kiefer, St. John the Evangelist RC Church, Columbia, MD; Linda M. Witzke-Lewis, Harry W. Witzke’s Family Funeral Home; and Lisa Stone, Stella Maris, Inc. . An expert panel on The Celebration consisting of a priest, resurrection ministry representative, funeral home representative, and hospice representative discusses funerals, burials and spiritual planning that factor into end-of-life conversations/decisions.
02-03-19_Gift of Peace_ Catholic Rite of Funerals (Length: 1:48:53)
- Leslie Wise, Columbia Memorial Park. Covers additional information about cemeteries, cremation, burials and associated documentation.
02-04-18_Gift of Peace_ Burial Planning (Length: 1:55:10)
- Leslie Rogers, Director of Patient Support Services, Howard County General Hospital with Tiffany Callender, Senior Program Officer, Horizon Foundation. Provides a tutorial on the importance of the Advanced Directive and how to prepare one.
03-04-18_Gift of Peace_ Advance Directive (Length: 1:13:59)
- Shannon L. Hammond, Esq.,Hammond Law, LLC. Discusses pre-planning for dementia and disability, including long-term care and asset-protection basics.
05-06-18_Gift of Peace_ Pre-Planning for Dementia and Long-Term Care (Length: 1:16:57)
- Byron Macfarlane, Register of Wills, Howard County. Discusses the do’s and don’ts of financial planning, including how to protect your assets for family members.
06-03-18_Gift of Peace_ Estate and Wills in Maryland (Length: 1:14:36)
- Gerard Bowen, St. John the Evangelist RC Church, Columbia, MD. Facilitates a discussion on Catholic funerals, including the most commonly asked questions.
02-03-19_Gift of Peace_ Catholic Rite of Funerals January 20, 2019
- Patrick Thompson, Slack Funeral Home, P.A. Presents funeral- and burial-planning options. February 17, 2019
02-17-19_Gift of Peace_ Funeral and Burial Planning (Length: 1:08:51)
- Anthony Riley, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Gilchrist; and founding Medical Director of Gilchrest Hospice Care; Division Head of Geriatric Services, Greater Baltimore Medical Center. Explains how to navigate your medical journey, specifically care planning for patients with diseases of the brain and nervous system.
03-17-19_Gift of Peace_ Care Planning for Patients with Diseases (Length: 2:12:20)
- Shannon L. Hammond, Esq., Hammond Law, LLC with Dario Cavazos, CFP®, AAMS®, Financial Advisor, Edward Jones. Explains how to avoid probate through effective estate planning/beneficiary designations.
05-19-19_Gift of Peace_ Avoiding Probate (Length: 1:27:24)
- Frontline’s “Being Mortal” Documentary was presented on 10-07-2018 https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/being-mortal/
This video is the discussion that followed that presentation
10-07-18_Gift of Peace_ Being Mortal Discussion (Length: 1:04:01)