Confirmation is another step toward the Holy Spirit in the journey of faith. It is a chance for a radical turn toward God or a tune up of faith. Through service, retreats and the gospels young teens can take a moment to step back and focus on what life is really about. If you are in high school or the parent of a high school student come to our Information Night.
(On-Line registration Below)
INFORMATION FROM ORIENTATION MEETING / INFORMACIÓN DE LA REUNIÓN DE ORIENTACIÓN
SPONSOR / PADRINO
- National Catholic Youth Conference – November 14 – 16, Indianapolis, IN
- Parent / Youth Retreat – February 1
- Family Pilgrimage – March 14
- Spirit Day – March 28 (Tentative – based on Confirmation Date)
- Introduction and Form. (Please return by October 28.)
BAPTISM AND SPONSOR INFORMATION
- Form (Please return by October 28.)
LETTER TO THE BISHOP
Dear Confirmation Candidate,
Please write a letter to Bishop Madden and submit it to our offices by April 9.
I would encourage you to include specific paragraphs with three or more sentences each describing the following to the Bishop.
- INTRODUCE YOURSELF: My name is _______and I am in ____ th grade at ________ School. I am engaged in the following activities at school or in the community and …..
- CORE CLASSES Review your red book. We discussed different styles of prayer, generosity and service, spiritual and corporal works of mercy, the gifts and fruits of the spirit, the beatitudes, discipleship, and what Jesus is asking of you. What two or three things grabbed your attention the most.
- SPONSOR: Introduce your sponsor and describe some of the conversations that you have been having with your sponsor.
- SERVICE: In describing what you have done for service, please describe the adult(s) with whom you interacted and describe their motivations towards service. Are they spiritually motivated? How?
- RETREAT: Some of you have already participated in the Parent/Candidate Retreat or on the Family Pilgrimage. Please describe what you discovered on these experiences. Others will participate in Spirit Day, which will have as a theme “Be Not Afraid.” If you have not had a retreat experience yet, tell the bishop it is coming and discuss what the theme of it might mean for you.
If you can send this letter to me via e-mail email@example.com, I will print them and send them to the bishop. Otherwise, please have it delivered to the offices by April 9.
Click here to download a printed registration form: Youth Ministry Registration Form
OR complete the online registration form below and submit