Jan Shaw • 410-964-1425 x 324 or JShaw@sjerc.org
Contact should be made at least nine months prior to the wedding to begin marriage preparation and to plan for wedding rehearsal and ceremony.
Catholic Wedding Overview
For information regarding getting married in the Catholic church please go to Archdiocese of Baltimore Marriage
For Marriage Prep and/or weddings at St John’s contact:
Jan Shaw – 410-964-1425 x 324, JShaw@sjerc.org
Process for Marriage in Catholic Church:
- Contact should be made at least nine months prior to the wedding to begin marriage preparation and to plan for wedding rehearsal and ceremony.
- Participate in a Marriage Preparation Program
- Meet with Priest or Deacon
- If wedding taking place at St. John’s, Columbia
- Reserve room at Wilde Lake Interfaith Center or Oakland Mills Interfaith Center.
It is strongly recommended that reception plans, reservations not be confirmed until contact with Parish office has been made.
Marriage Preparation Program Choices: please select one
- Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekends
This weekend marriage preparation program is an approved option. Visit their website to view the schedule and register online. www.mdcee.org
- Archdiocesan Pre-Cana Conferences: These workshop-style group programs are open to any couple. Take a pre-marriage discussion inventory to facilitate communication and understanding. Priority is given to couples from the hosting parishes and programs fill up six to nine months in advance, so inquire promptly at the Archdiocese Marriage and Family Enrichment, 410-547-5420.
- Sponsor Couple – Please call Jan Shaw for information. 410-964-1425 x 324