- All are welcome! Please consider attending to give yourself the gift of spiritual refreshment and renewal.
- Retreat Announcements – Please do your best to attend this spiritually refreshing retreat! Following is information about our SJERC 2018 Spiritual Retreat:
- RETREAT DATE: Saturday, November 17, 2018, from 8:30 am until 3:30pm
- SITE – Bon Secours Retreat & Conference Center, 410-442-1320 at 1525 Marriottsville Road, Marriottsville MD 21104 https://rccbonsecours.com/
- DIRECTIONS: 29 North to 70 West. Go 3 miles. Take the 1st exit onto Marriottsville Rd, turning right/North on Marriottsville Rd. Go 2 miles. Take the Right turn into Bon Secours Retreat & Conference Center. Park, and walk to the building with the green rooftop.
- RETREAT LEADER will be: Deacon Paul Gifford
- RETREAT THEME – A deeper faith through Scriptures: a call to experience your personal encounter with Jesus.
- Lunch, and Morning and Afternoon Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
- Please make a free will offering ($10. is suggested).
- ONLY 20 Seats are available, on a 1st come, 1st reserved basis.
- Please make your reservation NOW by contacting Jan Shaw at St. John’s, 410-964-1425, JShaw@sjerc.org Inform Jan of any special dietary needs/restrictions.
- The Retreat is sponsored by the Diversity Committee of SJERC
Time and Talent
“Jesus teaches us… go out, go out and share your testimony; go out and interact with your brothers/sisters, go out and share, go out and ask, become the Word in body as well as Spirit.” – Pope Francis
Are you being called to go out and serve your parish as a liturgical minister? We are asking you to consider the possibility of being so called. Please reflect on your time as well as your talents in committing to making our parish a richer community. We need ministers in several areas of service: Usher – Eucharistic Minister – Lector – Sacristan – Hospital/Nursing Home Ministry – Homebound Ministry – Grief and Mourning Ministry – Baptism Team – Marriage Preparation Team – Resurrection Ministry – Bereavement Ministry – Altar Server – Sunday Children’s Liturgy – Linen Ministry – the Gift of Peace – Liturgical Technical Support – Liturgy Committee Member. We will provide orientation/training for each of these ministries. Four teams work each month and you are invited to serve on one of these teams.
Currently scheduled for Ushers, Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, and Sacristans
Tuesday, November 13 at 7:00 pm – 8:15 pm at WL in Room #1
Saturday, November 17 at 10:00 am – 12:00 noon at WL in Room #1
Parishioners interested in training for other ministries will be contacted.
Please consider being part of our parish ministry and call:
Fr. Ferdinand at 410-964-1425 X 313 or email at: FEzenwachi@sjerc.org